6/21/2006

Gulf Coast Hot Air Balloon Festival


This weekend I attended the Gulf Coast Hot Air Balloon Festival. The festival was a great free family event with 40 Hot Air Balloonists, 120 Arts & Crafts booths, food vendors, gumbo cook-off, live entertainment, display of hot-rod cars, and a children's village.
I was fortunate enough to be able to take a hot air balloon ride, courtesy of a sponsorship with Brett/Robinson. I rode on “Ol’ Blue”, piloted by Pat Harwell of Shreveport, La. Pat and his crew did a great job, taking my son Brett and I on a great ride. It was truly thrilling and will be a cherished memory for us both. The sight of the balloons in the air was really something to behold, especially from a balloonists’ view. If you ever have the chance, definitely don’t pass up an opportunity to take a flight.
If you missed this year's festival, make sure you plan to attend next year's edition of this annual event.