9/25/2006

Answering The Call

I'm an American soldier, an American,

Beside my brothers and my sisters I will proudly take a stand,
When liberty's in jeopardy I will always do what's right,
I'm out here on the front lines, sleep in peace tonight.
Toby Keith --- “American Soldier”

I had a big lift this morning. I got a call from my son, who’s stationed in Afghanistan. It’s always great to hear from him, especially when it’s been a few weeks. It’s amazing how much better it makes you feel just to hear his voice, to know he’s okay. It’s a tough deal for him, and our whole family, to be separated from him. If you get a chance, take a minute and express your thanks in some way to a member of our Armed Forces or their family. Say a prayer, send a card, make a contribution to a support organization, perform an act of kindness for a family member who’s missing a loved one.
God Bless America, and those who serve her.