4/20/2006

Once In A Lifetime



Some times the improbable, the implausible, the nearly impossible, happens.

I’m a golfer. Not a great golfer mind you, but an avid golfer nonetheless. Maybe it’s the thrill of a well struck shot, or maybe it’s just what my grandfather called the “fellowshipping” that draws me in. But I seldom miss a Saturday on the course with one of my sons and friends. This Saturday was special. We were playing Cotton Creek, a Craft Farms course. It was a beautiful day, with clear blue skies. On hole #8, a 115 yard par three, I hit a lob wedge shot that miraculously went in the hole. A hole in one! It was truly a once in a lifetime experience. It’s a moment I’ll never forget, made all the more special because I was able to share it with my son and a great friend.

For others, their once in a lifetime moment comes in different ways. It’s the perfect wave for a surfer, a rare species sighting for a bird watcher or a perfect sand dollar for the beachcomber. It’s the perfect dress and shoes for the Prom, it’s the shot that lands right on the line to win the big tennis match. It’s seeing two young people beginning their lives together in the sunset on the beach.

Luckily, all of those moments, and many more, can be found right here on Alabama’s Gulf Coast. Come on down, and make your own once in a lifetime memory with your family and friends.