4/04/2006

Webcams

One of my favorite things about the Internet is webcams. Especially those at the beach. Some of my favorite webcams are here. The Island Winds and Phoenix All Suites cams are in downtown Gulf Shores. The Phoenix on the Bay cam gives you a great shot of the Lazy River and the Perdido Pass leading to the Gulf of Mexico is in the distance .

My favorite is the cam at Phoenix East. It’s a nice look at the Perdido Pass and you can frequently watch the surfers when the surf is up. Or see the boat traffic as they head out through the Pass into the Gulf, or return home. Take a look! I can't wait until the power boat races during Thunder on the Gulf I hear the camera will be turned towards the course!

No matter how nice the pictures on the web are, you really gotta put your toes in the sand to be really beachin' it.