5/25/2009

Quintessential moments

Ms. Beachin' checks in.

Yesterday was so gorgeous I was easily lured to the beach. Throwing on my shorts, tee shirt and favorite running shoes before I left the office I figured I’d skip the treadmill and run on the beach.
Parking at the main beach near Phoenix All Suites something pink caught my eye. Hmmm, was that the Pink Pony ? And was it calling my name? For sure it was. The Pink Pony is your classic beach bar ( beer, sand, surf, laidback) and a longstanding part of the beach-scape.
Quickly casting all thoughts of running aside I called hon’ aka hubby and gave him an option. Meet me for a burger and beer OR have a can of soup for dinner. As tempting as soup can be the burger and beer won out.
The beach was settling down. The little Gidgets and gromets had gone home and the gulls silently floated on the beach breezes. The sun began to set and we grabbed a viewing spot on the deck.
Bud lites, and sourdough burgers with a side of fries arrived and the pressure of the day slid away. It was date night and it wasn’t even Friday!
Sitting on the deck during the glomming hour is magical. The calmness of the moment combined with the pink cast of the sun on the sand….. wait a minute….
Pink skies at the Pink Pony…now I am sure a Hollywood writer could describe the moment. But, since I’m not a Hollywood writer you’re going to have to get down here and experience it for yourself because writing about a sunset in paradise is way beyond my skill set…..

See you on the beach or hopefully see you at the Pony !