6/30/2009

4th of July Fun

Ready or not the 4th is here. Myself I am so ready. I have been looking forward to this weekend for quite some time now. There are so many things going on here on the coast I just hope that I will be able to squeeze in all that I want to do. I may have to let my 4th celebration span a few days. I am sure that you have similar predicaments at hand. If on the other hand you do not know what to do for the fourth, I have listed a few ideas here.

1. Where – There is no better place to spend the fourth than on our beautiful beaches. I will have to say that we have something for everyone here.
2. Grilling – No matter what is going on that day you know you will have to eat. I suggest ribs, chicken, potato salad, corn on the cob, and of course watermelon and don’t forget the homemade vanilla ice cream to top off the dessert of your choice.
3. Swimming – There are many choices for this option. You have the beach, the pool, the bays and the lazy rivers. Maybe this option should be swimoating for those of us who prefer to float.
4. Shopping – Oh yes! There will be a sidewalk sale at Tanger, and I am sure that I will not miss this.
5. Fishing – It is the Red Snapper World Championship Saltwater Series. Check it out at www.redsnapperworldchampionship,com I must say I have been a few times this year, and the fishing is awesome this summer.
6. Golfing – You can definitely get your swing on here. There are over 10 fabulous courses to choose from in our area.
7. Spas – Pamper yourself at one of the many spas in our area.
8. Concert – I know that you must know by now that Montgomery Gentry will be performing in Orange Beach on the Fourth of July. Tickets are still available for as low as $16.50 and a fireworks show is included.
9. Fireworks – There will be 3 fireworks shows to choose from in our area. July 3rd there will be fireworks in Orange Beach visible from Phoenix 6, 7, 8, East and East II balconies. July 4th there will be fireworks with the Montgomery Gentry concert and in Gulf Shores that will be visible from Phoenix All Suites and Island Winds balconies.
10. Movies – We have not one but two great movie theaters in our area. The Cobb Theater in Gulf Shores and the Rave Theater in Orange Beach. There is also a Coastal Video in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach to rent movies and games.

Well, that will be enough I am sure to get you started. I hope that whatever you do on the fourth that you will take the opportunity to realize how fortunate we are to be a part of such a wonderful country. We are truly blessed with all of our freedoms. Take care and have a safe and happy Fourth of July!