7/31/2009

Sweetie Pies

I am so excited! One of the areas most popular eateries has moved farther south to the beach area. I could not believe my eyes when I walked out of Target and saw the big pink pie across the parking lot in the Pelican Place Shopping Center. Sweetie Pies has moved to Gulf Shores. It is a sandwich shop that makes award winning pecan pies, and has meringue pies that absolutely defy gravity. They make sugar free pies for special orders - when you are trying your best to be good, but just need that little special treat. My all time favorite pie is the chocolate peanut butter meringue pie yummm! My mouth is watering as I type. The lunch menu includes sandwiches, salads and a soup of the day. The sandwiches include everything from the Rajun Roast Beef to the Happy Ham. My favorite sandwich is the Talking Turkey. It has smoked turkey, mozzarella, alfalfa sprouts, tomatoes and Italian dressing. I am telling you it is great. Sweetie Pies has been one of my favorite lunch spots for years, and now it will be much more convenient to just drop in for a bite. Next time you are in the area, be sure to check out the new location of Sweetie Pies for a real treat.
We’ll see you real soon!