8/06/2009

August Fishing Report from Capt. Randy Boggs

I wanted to share this video as it is rare sight to see fish feeding on the surface. With the short fishing red snapper season, there are many reefs not being fished. We were fishing a public reef and had caught 12 – 15 red snapper, and the other red snapper followed to the surface. There a lot of red snapper for customers to catch and enjoy.

I, being the true southerner that I am, believed the only way to eat red snapper was fried. Lately, I have had this fish grilled, broiled and even steamed, and when the fish is fresh, I have found you can eat other than fried. Many of the restaurants in our area will prepare you fresh catch to your liking. Ask us about participating restaurants, and we will “hook” you up.

Tight lines,

Capt. Randy Boggs
Reel Surprise Charters @ SanRoc Cay Marina
www.reelsurprisecharters.com