12/10/2008

Beachin' Brett at 3 Doors Down


Gotta Love Rock Concerts!!!
Wat up people?? I recently went to the 3 Doors Down, Switchfoot, and American Bang concert with my dad, Beachin’ Bob, and it ROCKED!!!!
We got there a little late, so we only caught the last two songs of American Bang, and they were awesome. I’d like to see them again in 5 or 10 years when they can go on a tour of their own and not have to open up for someone. Switchfoot was pretty good, but it wasn’t exactly smooth. I say that because Switchfoot’s lead singer Jon Foreman tried to jump up and bust a move on Chad Butler’s (Switchfoot’s drummer) drum set, but he missed the bass drum and knocked over his crash symbol and his tom-tom!! It was hilarious!! He didn’t try that one again!! Smooth move!!
3 Doors Down came on after Switchfoot, and the first thing I noticed was that the 3 Doors Down drum set had stairs leading up to it, so I said, “Hopefully he doesn’t pull a Foreman.” It was after that that I realized I accidentally made a That 70’s Show reference, which was awesome, cuz I love That 70’s Show!!
But 3 Doors Down rocked it, and they played a 3 song encore, which was sweet.
But man, the Wharf Amphitheater at the Wharf in Orange Beach, where this concert was held, is always having good acts coming through. We’ve already had Hank Williams, Jr., Lynyrd Skynyrd, ZZ Top, Kid Rock, Three Days Grace, Seether, Staind, Saliva, and many more!
When you make your visit to Gulf Shores, take a break from the beach and get yourself some tickets to the next concert. There are concerts pretty much twice a month, at a minimum. The Wharf website will surely give you the hook-up on the next few music acts coming through.
Well, that’s it for me, I’ll post again soon, see ya’ll at the Party!!